GET HIGG INDEX VERIFICATION
The Higg Index introduction
The Higg Index certification is actually a verification consisting of three sets of tools that together span the supply chain, including Higg Facility Tools, Higg Brand & Retail Tools, and Higg Product Tools.
To get Higg Index verification of your facility, first, you need to register and login on Higg Index portal. Here you can see the Higg index certification step by step process
1. Higg Facility Tools
2. Higg Index Brand & Retail Tools (Higg BRM)
Brands and Retailers can use the Higg BRM to measure the environmental and social impacts of their operations and make meaningful improvements. Higg BRM assesses a company from a full life-cycle management system perspective, providing scores at key stages from product development to logistics, and end of use.
3. Higg Product Tools
The Higg Product Tools consist of Higg Materials Sustainability Index (Higg MSI) and Higg Product Module (Higg PM).
Higg MSI, measures the impacts of material production from cradle to gate,
using LCA approach, empowers designers and sourcing teams to make more sustainable choices during material selection and work with partners and manufacturers to find alternative materials that meet both design and sustainability attributes.
The Higg PM (Part 1) is a newly launched tool since September 2020. The Higg PM measures the environmental impact a product makes throughout its life-cycle. The current tool evaluates the impact of a product from cradle to gate. Higg PM (Part 2) will be launching in the second half of 2021. The Higg PM will be helpful for future product labeling and potential environmental legislation.
Feel free to contact us for further details by below contact form
9 Steps to Get Higg Index Certificate
- Create a login for the Higg Index Portal (higg.org) by completing the registration process.
- Familiarize yourself with the Higg Index by Masterarbeit schreiben lassen reviewing the resources and information provided on the SAC website.
- Complete the Higg Materials Sustainability Index (Higg MSI) module to assess the environmental and social impacts of the materials used in your products.
- Complete the Higg Facility Environmental Module (FEM) to assess the environmental performance of your facilities.
- Complete the Higg Facility Social & Labor Module (FSLM) to assess the social and labor performance of your facilities.
- Submit your completed modules to the Higg Index Portal and wait for your scores to be reviewed and verified.
- If your scores meet the threshold for certification, you will receive a Higg Index certificate and can use the Higg Index logo on your products and marketing materials to indicate that they have been certified as sustainable.
- Regularly update the data in your Higg Index profile to keep the certifications up to date.
- You can also use the Higg Index to develop a sustainability profile for your company or brand, which provides a comprehensive view of your sustainability performance and progress over time.